Monday, December 5, 2016

New Friend


Mom went over to a friend's home to help her put a crochet edging on a blanket. Her friend surprised her by inviting us to come with her. She packed us up and put us in the car and we got to enjoy a really big backyard and make friends with Otis her 13 year old Golden.


Otis and I became very good friends. He showed me his yard and he was quite the gentleman. Annie has a wonderful time running around the yard chasing squirrels, chipmunks, and other critters. She was exhausted at the end of the day. We went inside to rest a few times and Mom left our leashes on in case we decided not to behave in a stranger's home and were hard to catch. She said something about a greased pig, but I'm not sure what she could have meant by that.



However, as you can see I was taking no chances. I really like Otis and I want to be invited back again. I wasn't taking any chances of Annie getting into trouble while we were in the house. Therefore, I sat right down on her leash, literally keeping her on a short leash during our time in the house. Yes, I did this more than once. You have to keep the young ones under control.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day with your new friend. Very nice of you to watch out for Annie, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely friend!
    Good thing you were there to keep an eye on Annie 😜.
    Elliot and Cricket x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD look at you!! You sure DID keep her under control! I bet Otis will invite you back now for sure!! BOL! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like having fun with doggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD you two got to go fur a Visit... That was NICE of Otis to invite you to his home... VERY GENTLEMANLY fur SURE... and we are glad that you didn't let Annie get into any difficulties, Katie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job supervising Annie by holding the leash BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to meet new friends and go visiting.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Katy keeping Annie in line!!

    How fun to find a new friend!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy and Annie ~ thank you for your card. Did you receive our email ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do picture cards to mail every year and I don't scan them because I don't print the ones I receive by email. I mail to everyone in the states and only send e-cards to those outside the US.

      We all have different tastes in cards and e-cards If I can't send/get a regular hard copy card I like something fun and so I send fun ones.

      Others like the ones that look like scanned Christmas cards and they send those. That works too. Each of us does what suits us best.

      Delete
  10. Very smart move! You really do all want to behave so you will be invited back. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.